I have been itching to build something recently. In the not so distant past when I’ve had this desire I ended up building a project template as a way to learn some new things and create a scaffold for a project I might tackle in the future. But, this time I decided I want to build something that I could actually publish.
As always when building things, I learned plenty:
- Vite - I used Vite as a build tool and wow was I impressed. This felt so much better than using webpack or one of its derivatives.
place-items: center;for centering an HTML element horizontally and vertically
- GitHub Actions with GitHub Pages - My workflow to publish the site to GitHub Pages uses GitHub Actions, which is the new generation method for working with pages. I can now use this template as a baseline for other projects.
- Although I’ve used jsdom before, it’s been awhile and I was able to reintroduce myself to its usefulness to parse HTML on the server side.
- I was exposed to the wonderful world of CSS Gradient Swatches.
- I learned more about PostCSS and want to continue learning and using it further.